Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Aston Bali Hotel




I thought for some goofy reason that Bali would be like Copenhagen and so I booked at the 105 $ a day Aston Bali as it was only 5 mins from the conference centre. Booking from India I asked for 5 days not realising that these guys dont cancel that easily. They wanted ONE whole days rental if I cancelled! There were other hotels - granted further off where my colleagues were staying for 85$ and 65$ a day. However they were half and hour from the venue.Darryl and Zarine were at my hotel and I was so sad neither Bonny nor Steve could come as an extra person in Bali does not cost anything more.Large airy room, with a fabulous jaccuzi bath. I lived like a queen for 5 days!
The breakfasts were so huge, no one could go through all on offer.Tons and tons of food and all sorts of stuff. I tried diff things on diff days -- the glass noodles and the grilled fish was fabulous. I KNOW, for breakfast, yuk you will say, but I did try some one day. Though my first course was always and shamelessly Rambutans.
Even their coffee was good which is strange as most times I never like hotel coffee.
Look at that pool, it was a dream AND I never got in ever. Would you believe it? But I did loll on those beach chairs and just stare into the waves for an hour before going to sleep every night.
The Aston has its own private patch of beach-- yeah right! Worth the 105$ in the end!

2 comments:

  1. Rambutans are so yummy :)

    "I was so sad neither Bonny nor Steve could come as an extra person in Bali does not cost anything more" - i get home sick very easily too and miss my family so i understand what it feels like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are silly people -- the family is fine and wonder why I miss them at all! :-) A paradox which will never be answered!

    ReplyDelete