Sunday, February 28, 2010

Freaking on fruit in Bali!





For a fruit lover, Bali was the place to be. The lavish spread of fruit every morning had me happily gorging on watermelons and Rambutans. There was an orange watermelon I had never seen though it tasted the same as the red one does. Rambutans, I totally misbehaved and ate whole plates of them.
I have carried the seeds back and hopefully they grow here.
There was a strange pear shaped fruit with a snaky brown skin to it. I did not even like the taste of the thing, wonder if anyone knows the name of it. It's on the left of the photo.
The watermelon carvings were awesome!Just look at the pics and you will see what I mean. They have them here, but they are nowhere as intricate as these!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its a dragon fruit but not really a Dragon Fruit! :P get it... dragon frui ;) :D ... k stupid joke... i take that back :(

    ReplyDelete