Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Harri Stojka and his gypsy swing ensemble



I love Jazz and the Blues, so when Mini said can you cover, I said SURE!
Harri Stojka plays jazz in the swing style of Django Rheindhart who is his inspiration. So we were regaled with I will wait for you, Dark Eyes, All of me -- phew a great fav. Sweet Sue, and ofcourse among the repetoire was Minor Swing. Surprising how many people in Bangalore love Jazz and normally the BSM has free concerts. This time people paid 150 bucks to come in and there was no standing space even! Apparently Harri has been playing from the time he was six. What a musician, effortless and brilliant, which is natural as he has Roma Gypsy roots!
I took Steve along and he pounded his feet through the evening which was a great stress release after his exams which he finished today!

No comments:

Post a Comment