Monday, April 8, 2024

A visit to Hoskote with Francis

 


Francis enjoyed his visit to Hoskote!

A long time ago when I had lost my twin boys, my Aunt in Australia insisted that I visited her and Uncle Gussie to recouperate and recover my equilibrium. Losing a child and in this case children sent me spiraling into despair. My parents were most supportive and yet I just could not pull myself out of grief. So when A Genny said "Come!"I thought ok, lets go. So we applied for an Australian visa and promptly got rejected! Nope sorry folks we dont want you guys coming here and absconding. So, Dad said call Francis Colaco he is in Delhi where we had applied for our visas  -- he will definitely help. My parents were his buddies. In minutes we called Francis and in hours we had our visas. THAT was the power of the man.


 With Naveen who wants to join the police

 THEN! I had the fight of my life with a consulate woman who misbehaved with me and when I said I would tell the police, she turned the tables on me. My siblings took her side because one lot was getting her rental and the other needed a German visa for their son. Where could I go and who could I turn to? Francis ofcourse! it seemed like Dad was telling me to go to him yet again. I took the video which clearly showed her hitting me, slowed down by my students in college and Francis came with me straight to the current IGP. He need not have being such a big man. Read my book Some Bark, Some Bite available on Amazon.




 Each time we connected with Francis and gave him a bag of fruit from the farm he would say -- take me to your farm. I never bothered thinking such a big man what would he do on on our tiny 2 acre farm? But this time when he helped my husband escape being scammed he asked yet again and on the spot we set up the date and we took him. 


Bangkok tamarind grown from seed by me from sweet tamarind brought from a conference.

How he loved it -- picking chickoos, eating SWEET Bangkok tamarind which I grew from seed, checking out our apples which a Colonel gifted me, fresh off the tree, 


I crunched it fresh off the tree -- core and all!

looking at our lures put up on our mango trees to save our crop and finally sipping hot coffee made with the Arabica coffee beans from a tree that was taken from Hayes road to Hoskote. Grandpas Arabica trees of which I stupidly took only ONE, when there were six which I could have transplanted.


Grandpas Arabica from Hayes road.

 Francis has promised to help Naveen who has applied to join the police. We did not ask -- he volunteered when the boy spoke to him. I hope he does, as these boys are like our sons and have grown up on the farm to strapping 20 year old men.

Francis, you have looked after us even when family did not. Karma will catch up with them, but we have Francis to help whenever we call.