Sunday, November 27, 2011

Singata hotel in Kenya







This is apparently rated the best hotel in the world for eco tourism.It was sent to me by a friend who knows how I love Africa. Frankly I hate these kind of hotels which have a facade of eco tourism and really are all luxury personified including air-conditioned tents.

However I cant help but agree that it is beautiful and would be marvelous to experience the animals so up and personal. But I still have reservations. There are a lot of unanswered questions like where is their sewage sent? Where is the fresh water got from? Do they serve any 'game' as delicacies? what are the security measures for tourists living in the tents which are definitely not safe from say a lion, or an elephant.

And at 50k a day it is steep anyway, too steep for me to experience ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment