Friday, May 11, 2012

Red Whiskered Bulbul


Today as I reversed the car really early to get to the visa office I was pretty tense wondering if I had taken all the documents needed to apply for the visa.Ticking them off in my head I thought, photos, bank docs, property details, copies of college appointment letters and my PhD registration. And then, I heard the liquidy notes of a Red Whiskered Bulbul, singing in the Camel Foot tree we had planted 15 years ago on the road.What a wonderful feeling to have the notes wash over my mind and almost immediately I relaxed and waited, listening till the end of his song. If you ever get a chance to hear one, just stop and let his serenade thrill you. There is nothing like the perky tones of the bird which can wipe away all that build up of stress which we really do not need at all in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment