Thursday, July 14, 2011

The colour purple!





It's been a roller coaster ride of curiosity to get to know the name of the purple flower which is in the flower arrangements. Check the pictures!

We went for Anu and Shirins Silver Wedding celebrations on Saturday the 9th June and all the arrangements in church had this strange purple flower. I really did not pay too much attention to them except when I went up for communion and got a closer look.
Even then nothing struck me as strange and I surmised they were artificial flowers Shirin had brought from the US.

It was only later at Angela and Pichiks home where the celebration dinner was held that Angela told me they were for real.

Pow! that was an eye opener and after that I made so many enquiries and my story has been sent off to the Hindu for publishing.

Nature never fails to fill my life with joy and beauty from the most unexpected quarters.

No comments:

Post a Comment